Nowadays, everyone is telling you how important academic success is for each individual, “Study well like your older brother! Look what results he managed to achieve – a well-paid job, a car with own driver, a big house, traveling.” All around you – parents, teachers, and relatives – wish you to achieve success in your life while you are studying at high school, college or university. The government successfully implements a great variety of educational policies to ensure that every community is provided with a high-quality system of education. Today, the academic world has a lot of crucial components to form an exceptional individual concerning his professional development – well-educated and skilled specialists, advances in technology, innovations, funding, and many more. Most are sure that the highest level of education guarantees happiness and professional success in life. But some questions remain open:
- What factors predict academic success?
- Is it worth to study hard instead of studying smart?
- Does academic success really guarantee a successful life?
Let’s discover them in this article and find all the possible answers to them so that you will be able to write your essay “Academic Success and Its Influences on Life”.
3 ‘Academic Success’ Questions to Answer in Your Essay
1. What Factors Predict Academic Success?
What is it, this academic success? What are its measurements and what factors predict it? Probably, every freshman tries to have an ‘academic success’ plan in which a high GPA is set up. You can also use this plan as well if needed. But still, the student life is about survival – searching for enough time and energy to study and make progress. It is often so impulsive to give up without trying out some planning steps to make academic achievements. Right? Usually, these achievements are assessed with the help of grades. Since the appearance of formal education, it has been necessary to have a formalized way to evaluate the progress of students. There is a grading system represented by letters (A/A+, B, C, D, E, F), percentages and simple remarks ‘pass’ or ‘fail’. Additionally, you can find out the difference between grading and assessment.
Today, a heavy emphasis is placed on grades as they display how good students are at academic subjects. Is it always relevant? In fact, various factors determining an academic performance besides grades should be considered. What if it is difficult to keep those grades up? Let’s find out what are these factors that predict or not predict the desired academic success.
- Individual differences in intelligence and personality. British researchers, Ian J. Deary and John Maltby, have applied the principles and theories around the psychology of intelligence that is determined by aging, cognitive abilities, health condition, intellectual competence and intelligent ways of using and managing emotions. So your personal traits influence the academic results. You know best if they are now for the better or not.
- Non-cognitive factors that include self-confidence, self-control, motivation. It is no secret that students’ attitudes towards learning, and their study habits and behavior have a considerable impact on their academic performance. This issue is well-researched among low-performing students. Optionally, you can explore this issue as well in your paper like a Ph.D. candidate did it in his dissertation.
2. Is It Worth to Study Hard instead of Studying Smart?
Academic success is non-accidental. It is constant work, perseverance, learning from failures, sacrifice and many more. There are some students who spend the whole day on studying but aren’t the best in their age-group and get the average grades. But there are those who don’t waste countless hours of valuable time on the studies. So there is still a question – how is it necessary to work to achieve real success in studying, work hard or smart? Remember the way you study can help you have success at school, college or university. But keep in mind as well that the smart way of studying can help you save a lot of time and be productive at the same time. For example, what do you know about the ‘curve of forgetting’? Our brains are constantly recording various information on a temporary basis from conversations heard in the buses to the lectures given at college. When you get this information, the curve rises to its highest point – you remember 100% of the heard information. In a day, you lose 50%-80% of what you heard or learn. It means that there is no case for procrastination in smart studying – within 24 hours of getting the information, it is better to spend 10 minutes reviewing it and the curve increases almost to 100%. This way, you won’t need to prepare for exams by spending many hours. Additionally, you can look at 17 scientifically-proven ways to study smart if you want to answer this question in your essay to the fullest extent. Besides, the great video is offered you to watch if you need to start studying effectively right now – spend twice as little time you are used to spending usually.
3. Does Academic Success Really Guarantee a Successful Life?
There is the most important question most students try to answer – “What will my academic success bring to me?” Interested in answering the same question? Let’s do it together!
- Yes, it does. The individual with an excellent academic background is easy to get a good professional career. What is more, he or she is also more likely to have a great salary when demonstrating a high level of education such as Master, Degree, Diploma or Ph.D. Besides, academically successful person can improve the living standards with a lot of money he or she gets as well as enjoy activities like traveling or shopping.
- No, it doesn’t. The situation of recent years has been focused on the economic downturn. As a result, a lot of professional experts tend to lose their highly paid positions. This proves that academic success and a bunch of obtained qualifications never guarantee that you will keep your position forever. It is also highly crucial to be able to collaborate with other individuals as well as improve your communication skills. Experience and attitude are far more important than college or university success.
- Yes, it does. Due to the academic success, we have an opportunity to increase the status of our self. Besides, a highly successful person will be also honored by the representatives of the community. What is more, academic success will make an individual entrusted by the society to be a leader in a meeting, activity or any program. And finally, the person with an excellent academic background is able to make the right decisions as well as control these very decisions. This, in turn, will enable one to increase the level of self-confidence. This is because the person must have enough courage and confidence in leading the community.
- No, it doesn’t. What each of us is in need of for success is a very philosophical problem. Tastes differ, as well as people and their needs and values. People have different criteria for success. While some may give their careers the highest priority, the others put their families first. In other words, academic success will never teach you how to become a good person or how to have a solid relationship with the members of your family. A truly successful life has many different components that one cannot examine or measure.
Basically, the answers to all these questions may vary in essays depending on the authors’ opinions. For some people, academic success doesn’t matter at all because they chose a particular field of work which is not connected to their academic experience. For other people, academic success means certain career opportunities and, therefore, they try to study as good as possible. But we put forth all our exertions to help you with writing the essay on the given topic “Academic Success and Its Influences on Your Life”. Although, we can do more for you – write this essay for you according to all the paper requirements. Just contact our writing staff right now!