According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica, an autobiography is the biography of oneself narrated by oneself. You don’t need to be a famous person to write an autobiography speech. So what is the aim of an autobiography speech? It can be created for many reasons: for an application by one desiring to go to college, for a class by a newcomer who is eager to tell about oneself, or just for own personal enjoyment to recollect what happens during the life.
In this guide, we focus on the word “writing” while speaking about an autobiography speech as we are sure that the best speech is a speech that is written in advance and practiced enough to present it in front of the audience with confidence. Aimed at this result? Go on reading this article to perform 100% successfully on the stage.
3 Writing Steps for Your Own Autobiography Speech
- Determine a key to the story of your life. While you are studying at school or college, it is logical to focus on your studies, extracurricular activities and particular results (without any doubt, the focus on the best possible ones) in your autobiography. Besides, you can think of the aims and objectives for the nearest future to reveal them in your autobiography.
- Point out different periods in your life. Your autobiography should start from the earliest days of your life, your birth, moving through all the essential periods – kindergarten, school, work, etc. The more the audience will hear from you during the autobiography speech, the better they will know you. A chronological way of telling is exactly expected from you in an autobiography. Expose yourself from different angles chronologically from your childhood to the present days!
- Develop an outline of your autobiography speech. It should consist of an introduction that attracts the listeners’ attention, three points of the body part, and a conclusion that usually goes with a summary of the main points. It is recommended to indicate something trivial and interesting about yourself so that the autobiography’s main focus would become memorable. So what events or activities relate back to the central theme of your speech? Turn them into body paragraphs of your story. Even if you aren’t going to write the whole speech word by word, this outline will help you keep focused during the speech. Don’t neglect this useful advice – create an outline of your speech!
What Can Simplify the Writing Process?
- Great autobiographies by famous people such as Benjamin Franklin, Nelson Mandela, Winston Churchill or Charlie Chaplin. These people managed to achieve a lot so that their ‘success’ stories could be shared with the others. All these stories aren’t always successful, but they all can inspire you enormously. Moreover, you’ll be able to write your own essay about yourself. The only thing remains to be done – find someone from athletes, world leaders, government officials, doctors, singers or actors who have written an autobiography. Look at the way how they share their life stories with the public, what writing style is used, and so on. Here is the list of 15 best autobiographies everyone should read at least once. Read them to make sure it is possible to achieve high results even if it is difficult to write an autobiography now.
- The advice from a professional writer. Besides reading this guide, you’re offered to watch the video where an experienced writer gives his advice on how to start writing an autobiography. Follow some practical tips!
Sample Autobiography Speech Here for You
Good morning everyone!
My name is Kate and I want to share my autobiography with you. I was born on a cold winter day, on 15th December 1992, in Sarasota, Florida. Actually, I do not remember precisely how freezing it was, but my mother says that it was the coldest day in the whole year. When I was five years old my parents suggested to move to Ocala, and I supported their decision with no argues because they promised me a dog. Frankly speaking, it was a pretty strong argument for changing the city. Ocala itself turned to be a nice place to live, so we settled there and continue to reside in the present day. I have lots of relatives and live with my mother, Elizabeth, my father, John, my elder brothers, Jack and Robert, who are 30 and 32 years old correspondingly, and my sister Ebby who represents the youngest branch and is only 10 years. I cannot deny that I adore my family and, fortunately, we have warm relations; that is why all of them are my best friends.
I went to school when I was six. Before that, I had three years of blessed oblivion in the kindergarten. It took a while to fall in love with the school from the consecutive effort. When I took the elementary stage, I entered middle school, where surprisingly showed excellent results in Mathematics. What is more, I won several awards, which remain an object of proud for my parents till today. The first award was for the perfect attendance, while the second was called the Student of the Year. I got it in the 7th grade. After such an unprecedented success, I entered the College of Central Florida. Then, I am going to apply to the university. Someday, I want to obtain a Ph.D. degree in mathematical sciences and make a difference in the world.
I am an active and positive person, and I am sure that life responds to our thoughts. Even if I am in a terrible mood, even if everything goes wrong, I try to find positive things in each day of my life. I cannot say that this eliminates negative things, but it helps me to appreciate every pleasant thing that I have. For me, happiness is when my relatives are healthy and cheerful. These are the most important things in life.
Of course, I have some reverse days when it is difficult to be happy and content with what I have. However, I do not allow myself being depressed for a long period of time because such state ruins my mind and body. I like being active and challenge myself. I am fond of running in the mornings, attending dancing classes, and going to the pool after my lessons in college. When I have some free time, I prefer meeting my friends or family and going for a walk or a picnic.
As I mentioned in the beginning, I was born and still live in Florida, and my dream is to travel a lot, to visit all the famous places in America. I hope I will do that in the future, but first, I have to master the studying course, find a job and earn some money. I am an ambitious person, so I am sure that I will be able to do that.
I really hope you have enjoyed listening to my autobiography as much as I have enjoyed retelling it. The last thing I want to advise you is to get positive moments out of every day of your life because time passes on and every day is unique. If you think life is beautiful and you are happy, that is definitely true.
Learned about writing an autobiography speech? Excellent! It’s time to sit and write your own speech in the form of an autobiography. Now, it becomes easier to create an autobiography as a good autobiography speech is presented to you in this article (scroll up to see it again!). Moreover, you can follow some autobiographies written by successful people. It’s all in your hands to have the masterpiece written!
You can order a similar autobiography speech example from our writers.