Critical thinking traits are the feature characteristics of a person who can think rationally and react quickly to the different and unpredictable situations. Importantly, the process of critical thinking presupposes both independent and reflective thinking. Some critical thinking traits can be successfully used for the constructive tasks, effective problem solving, and cooperative reasoning. To better understand the importance of the critical thinking traits, as well as their advantages, one should view ten useful facts compiled from the following information.
- Critical thinking traits are extremely important for a number of professions. Due to the fact that people who possess these traits are impartial, they are capable of making logical and smart decisions. For that reason, people who are involved in different healthcare professions are to be critical thinkers.
- The critical thinkers see the entire image, gather all the required and available data in order to better analyze the case and generate several solutions. For that reason, the characteristics of the critical thinkers attract the attention of the employers.
- As the critical thinkers are curious, it is no wonder that they are always learning something new. The idea of being a critical thinker lies in the ability to apply the baggage of knowledge to a concrete situation. For that reason, the extensive knowledge is one of the key traits of the critical thinking.
- The critical thinking is associated with creativity as far as one has to not only generate the new ideas but, be able to transform the existing ones and try to apply them to a certain case.
- The best way to develop the critical thinking is to work on the meticulous observation skill, while it is a trait that helps to get to the root of something.
- Also, one should learn to perceive an object as an entity that is made of the elements. The ability to take the object to pieces and analyze its constituents both separately and as part of the whole picture enables the individual to see the connections between these elements.
- The critical thinking is closely related to the open-minded thinking as it presupposes the synthesis of many ideas and opinions that help examine the case from different perspectives.
- People tend to consider the critical thinkers to be the skeptics with regards to everything; the truth is that questioning everything, the individual can make right decisions that are beneficial to all the parties.
- It is of great importance to keep in mind that the improvement of the critical thinking is a lifelong process that is associated with the constant refinement of oneself and learning from other experiences.
- The key features that comprise critical thinkers are as follows: objectiveness, rationality, creativity, modesty, reflectiveness, observation, open-mindedness, and desire to learn more. Besides, the critical thinkers are to be good psychologists while it helps to understand the different types of people.
The critical thinking traits are crucial for people in their professional and everyday life.
With the help of these traits, one can better comprehend the positions of others, their experiences, and motifs that move them. The critical thinking is helpful in any sphere yet, they are especially useful in the healthcare. The traits that comprise the critical thinkers are not inherent and, thus, one would have to work hard to be able to make the best decisions and generate the most original ideas.
Kaipa, P., & Radjou, N. (2013). From smart to wise: acting and leading with wisdom (1st ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
Lambie, J. (2014). How to be critically open-minded: a psychological and historical analysis. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. doi:10.1057/9781137301055
Lombardo, T. (2011). Wisdom, consciousness and the future: collected essays. S.l.: Xlibris Corporation.
Razzouk, R., & Shute, V.J. (2012). What Is Design Thinking and Why Is It Important? Review of Educational Research. Vol. 82, No. 3, DOI: 10.3102/0034654312457429. p.p. 330-344.
Salmon, M. H. (2013). Introduction to logic and critical thinking (6th ed.). México: Cengage Learning. doi:9781133049753